Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Yankees vs Nationals

We headed to Yankee Stadium after our Temple shift to see the Yankees vs. the Nationals.  This is one of the few times we would be able to see Bryce Harper (from Las Vegas) play.  We didn't have tickets but figured we would go and buy some from either scalpers or the box office.  We arrived and talked to the first scalper we saw.  Stan was ready to buy but I held my ground and didn't trust the guy.  I told Stan "Let's go somewhere else." but Stan said these are pretty good seats.  I couldn't believe I was haggling with some "dude" twice my size, in his neighborhood and who's telling me to trust him.  We bought the tickets, and they turned out to be great seats. Plus it was "free Yankee hat night".
 Posing with our "free" hats and with our great seat location....bad picture of me!  It looks like I just consumed a bucket of 'sliders' and fries by myself  We were on the Right Field side just above the Yankee dugout.
 It was a perfect night for baseball.  The weather was ideal, and there weren't any "weird and obnoxious" fans around us.  It was fun to be outside in New York City (the Bronx) at a Yankee game.
 Alex Rodriguez was out in front of us warming up.  He certainly gets mixed reviews from the fans.
Our Las Vegas boy got a double and then grounded out at this 'at bat'.  He played Right Field where we could easily watch him.
 The 7th inning stretch.  The ground crew were pretty entertaining as they not only made the field "perfect" again but had a dance routine to the song 'YMCA'.
 Bryce up to bat where he hit a 410 ft Home Run.  It was fun to watch him even though the Yankees won 6-1.  He accounted for the Nationals only run.
As Bryce touched home plate, I think we were the only ones cheering.  It was a really fun night.  Everything went perfect.  It was my 4th time to Yankee Stadium, and I'm beginning to be a real Yankee fan.  I love New York and love all it has to offer.  But serving in the Temple is still the best part of being in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment